Many people find incense to brighten their day or aid in religious worship, but if used improperly, the experience may prove subpar. Many of these may seem obvious to some, but we are going to these incense safety tips anyway.
Below we are going to list some general incense burning safety tips:
- It can never hurt to mention that incense is hot. Particularly when using charcoal, keep in mind that you want to keep a distance from the burning material. Charcoal can burn up to 1500 degrees fahrenheit.
- Incense sticks can easily burn holes into clothing, so handle them with care.
- Be sure to burn your incense on a heat-resistant surface to prevent any possible fires or markings.
- Always be conscious of the location where you are burning incense. It is important to keep it away from drapes or other flammable textiles.
- It is recommended to burn incense within a well ventilated area.
- Individuals who are asthmatic are advised not to use incense without first checking with a doctor, as it may worsen their condition.
- If you are pregnant, it is advised to ask a doctor before burning incense.
- Do not try to ingest any incense or incense related compounds as they are typically not produced for consumption and may contain ingredients which are not meant to be ingested.