While many forms of incense, such as incense sticks, are relatively straight-forward in regards to how they are and should be burned, powder incense is usually burned upon charcoal, so it is a little more difficult.
Materials Needed To Burn Powder Incense
- Powder incense.
- Charcoal Discs.
- An incense burner suitable for charcoal.
- A long lighter or matches.
Keep reading to learn how to burn powder incense.
How to Burn Powdered Incense
- Light your charcoal disc and carefully place it within your charcoal incense burner. It’s important to never handle hot charcoal with your hands. Metal tongs are recommended for handling charcoal, including while lighting. Apply flame to your charcoal disc for roughly 20 to 30 seconds. If your charcoal is self-lighting then it should begin to ignite.
- You should now wait for the charcoal to warm up. This can take about 2 to 3 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready because the charcoal will begin to turn grey around the edges of the disc.
- Now you may place your powder incense or similar material on top of the hot charcoal. The fragrances should begin to release almost immediately.
- Enjoy the aroma of your powdered incense.
This article was last revised on 02/26/2020.